Monday, May 14, 2012

Paleo Pancakes

I love pancakes.  When I was growing up my parents would make pancakes every weekend and we would sit together and have breakfast. It's a great memory.  This morning I wanted something other than eggs so I decided to try some Paleo pancakes.  The recipe I found calls for almond butter but I didn't have any so I used almond flour.  I also fried some bacon before I began the pancakes to coat the pan.  This recipe made about 7 pancakes... so... there were not any for my husband (well, I did save him one). 

 

Paleo Pancakes

2 bananas
1 egg
1/4 cup almond flour

1.  Peel and mash the bananas.  (I used a potato masher and that seemed to work best.)

2.  Add egg and almond flour and mix well.  (Use the potato masher and then use a whisk.  It is important to make sure the flour lumps are mixed in)

3.  Heat a skillet on low and add oil or grease  (I prefer using bacon grease so I will make my bacon in the pan first).  Using a 1/4 measuring cup, add the batter to the skillet.

4.  Keep the pan on low/medium and cook the pancakes until the edges are cooked.  Flip the pancakes and they should be a golden color.  Continue cooking until the pancakes are cooked all the away through.

Top with berries, other fruit or maple syrup. 
**Be gentle with these pancakes, they tend to fall apart easily. 
***  It is important to cook these LOW AND SLOW...  Don't be in a rush

No comments:

Post a Comment