Friday, May 11, 2012

Inconsistencies? Just a Few

When I began researching Paleo, I found many inconsistencies among the "experts," which I found confusing.  One said, don't eat dried fruit, another, dried fruit is a good snack. One said, bacon is bad! While another said,  go head and eat bacon!  Why couldn't these leaders in the Paleo field agree on the parameters of this lifestyle?  I found this to be very discouraging and frustrating.  So I decided to explore what worked for me.  The most important thing I learned from all the "experts" disagreeing is that I NEED TO EAT TO MY BODY TYPE.  This means that I need to find the foods that work with my body and allow me to feel good and preform at my top level.  Some people can eat potatoes, some can't.  Some can eat fruit, while others lose more weight when they limit their fruit intake.  I have noticed that when I cut back on the nuts, Larabars, and coconut milk ice cream, I lose weight faster than if I eat those foods regularly.  Now, I don't need to cut them out completely, just use moderation.  So find what works for you.  Explore your food options but most importantly, enjoy your food!


Dinner tonight

Today was a very busy day at work.  I spent the entire day in car seat class and didn't get back to the station until 5:30.  When I got back, I was ready for dinner but didn't want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.  Every Friday night during the summer, DC Meats, the local butcher shop, has a BBQ that includes chicken, brisket, pulled pork, rib tips and slabs of ribs.  Holy cow it is FANTASTIC!  I am so thankful they are in our district and we could just run over there to grab something quick.  So tonight's dinner was pulled pork...  It was SOOOO good!  And quick.  And easy.  Now, I wouldn't just go anywhere to get food, in fact, I told my mother-in-law the other day that I felt it was a hassle to eat out because I am so concerned with what is added to the food: gluten fillers, monodextrowhateveryacallit...  Food should not contain ingredients that you can't pronounce or that were created in a lab.  I have been very fortunate to have the opportunity to get to know the people that work at the places I shop, including my local butcher shop.  I know that they believe the same things I do and that they strive to produce a top quality product that they would feed their family- and that is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment