Thursday, May 17, 2012

Curry Chicken Stir-Fry

A few years ago my mother bought me a food processor for Christmas.  I'm embarrassed to say that I would only pull it out when I made my "Double Chocolate Torte," which was about twice a year.  But once I started cooking healthier I have found so many new ways to use it!  For tonight's dinner, I used it to chop all of my vegetables and garlic.  No more hands-smelling-like-garlic-for-days, WooHoo!


Tonight's recipe was created on the fly.  I knew I wanted to make some kind of chicken dish and while I was walking around the Farmer's Market this morning I decided a stir-fry was the way to go.  I used the food processor for all of the veggies EXCEPT the broccoli.  I used the standard blade for the garlic, onion and cauliflower, the julienne disc for the peppers and the shredding disc for the zucchini and carrots.  IT WAS SO QUICK AND EASY!!!  How is it that I had never thought of this before?!

 

Curry Chicken Stir-Fry

1-2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 zucchini
2 carrots
2 stalks of broccoli
1/2 head of cauliflower (use food processor to create cauliflower rice)
2 teaspoons curry (I use the mild)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper

1.  Heat pan with oil.  Add chicken, garlic and onions.  Cook chicken until it reaches the appropriate temperature on a meat thermometer.  (If you find that there is excess water in your pan, turn heat to high and cook it down.  This will lessen the chance for soggy veggies, unless you like that)
2.  Add veggies and cook to desired tenderness.
3.  Add curry, cumin and pepper and stir.  Let it cook for a few minutes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment