Friday, August 24, 2012

Preparation

As I've said before, the hardest part of following Paleo (well, any lifestyle really) is preparation- having food ready to eat so you don't feel like you need to go to McDonald's or Taco Bell at the last minute when you're starving and can't find anything to grab. So tonight I decided to fire up the Egg and make a few things we could take to work tomorrow and have for Sunday. 

The garlic chicken brats are quick and easy, perfect for any meal.  Great with some peppers and onions or eggs for breakfast.

I rubbed the chicken with 1 tsp black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder as well as 1/2 tsp red pepper and paprika and a sprinkle of white pepper- I've never tried this before so I'll let you know how it turns out. The chicken is also sitting on The Big Green Egg's "Sittin' Chicken" filled with chicken broth and what was left of the seasoning.

The rib roast was coated with a seasoning packet I got as a sample from DC Meats.  I should have paid more attention to the ingredients because it wasn't until after I coated the meat that I looked and noticed that the first ingredient was wheat, followed by white sugar and also brown sugar.  Thankfully I do not have a gluten allergy- it just means I need to pay more attention when I pick up a new seasoning.  Next time I will just use my own seasonings.  I also cut up 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 onion, 1/2 orange pepper, a sweet red pepper and 2 carrots and placed them under the roasting rack. 

So now I just sit and wait for everything to be done.  I think the hubby and I are going to enjoy our Friday night with a movie while I check the Egg every 30 minutes or so.  Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment