Saturday, August 18, 2012

Confession Time

I have a confession to make (it's kind of embarrassing).  I fell off the Paleo wagon.  (Booooooo.)  But today is day 6 of my return and so far so good!  Last night I was experiencing sugar withdrawal and we were at my parents for dinner.  When mom invited us over for dinner I told her I was following Paleo again and she made ribs, asparagus, mushrooms with onions and rice (which was easy to pass)...  BUT...  She also pulled out a Reese Peanut Butter pie for desert- now that was rough.  I REALLY wanted a piece but I knew that I would be happier saying no and enjoying the fact that I said no rather than enjoying the "high" from all the sugar in the pie and then being mad at myself later.  And I am really proud.  However, I was really irritable last night, and for that I'm not proud. 

So that's why I haven't posted in a while.  The worst part was that as I was eating all of the foods I knew I shouldn't be eating- I knew I shouldn't be eating them!  But the most important thing is I'm back to Paleo.  Following a healthy eating plan is important and I don't feel guilty when I eat because I know I'm eating the right things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment