Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Thrown Together Meal

Tonight's meal actually turned out better than I expected.  It was easy and very tasty.  I would definitely make this again and I think it is something my husband would like. 

Paleo Hash

1 clove garlic
1/2 onion
1/2 green pepper
1-2 carrots
1/2-1 yam
1 pound ground beef
seasonings
1.  Mince the garlic and saute with chopped onion and green pepper
2.  Add the beef and brown
3.  Season to your liking.  I used black pepper and a little Cajun seasoning (sorry, I didn't measure). 
4.  Add the chopped carrots and yam and cook until the carrots and yams are to your liking (I don't like mushy carrots so I only cooked them for about 5 minutes)

**The next time I make this I will probably reduce the amount of green  peppers and add some yellow and red peppers, just for color.  I would most likely add some celery, just a little (half a stalk) next time.

**This would also be very good with some parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, (the Scarborough Fair seasonings) and pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment