Friday, October 5, 2012

Sage Apple Sausage Breakfast

I have gotten tired of eggs.  It was bound to happen since I only like scrambled eggs and something has to be in them: bacon, sausage, onions and peppers- you get the picture.  So this morning I decided that I was going to give the eggs a break and go with something a little different.  I have made this dish before, the last time was as a stuffing/side for some pork chops (if I can find the recipe I will post it- it was REALLY good).  This is my best recollection of the recipe and this was just a bit more than one serving.   It can be made in the oven or on the stove and since I am usually in a hurry in the morning I do it on the stove.  You're going to have to take my word on this one since I don't have any pictures...  I wasn't really thinking about blogging when I made my breakfast this morning.

Sage Apple Sausage Breakfast

3/4 pound sausage (I bought the country sausage from the butcher shop)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 large apple (I used a Honeycrisp), chopped
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
pepper to taste

Break the sausage apart and combine all of the ingredients in a pan.  Cook until the sausage is cooked and is the appropriate internal temperature.  Enjoy!

**  If you want to make this in the oven combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees.  I don't know the approximate time in the oven (sorry).   

No comments:

Post a Comment