Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 1 and 2 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox

In an attempt to begin the 21 DSD challenge on the right foot, I made Egg Cakes last night with some leftover sausage from Christmas Eve dinner and some veggies I had in the fridge.  These are very easy and are great for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack.  Plus it's a great way to use up leftovers.

Egg Cakes

I use my food processor to grate my sausage and veggies (onion, green and red peppers) and then eggs.  Grease a cupcake pan with coconut oil and pour about 1/3 -1/2 cup of the mixture into the pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Cool on a rack and refrigerate. 


For dinner I decided to try two new recipes from the NomNomPaleo iPad app- and they were very good (I recommend downloading the app if you are able.  She has a lot of great recipes that I am very excited to try).  The chicken and salsa were both new to me.  I have made salsa before but this called for roasted tomatoes, jalapenos and garlic.  It was a little spicy but very good- they both made the 'make again' list.  When I "fried" the chicken the recipe recommends using ghee but I used coconut oil instead.  Next time I will either make the ghee or just try butter and see if it has a different flavor. 

And yes... Those are my favorite bacon, onion, jalapeno green beans...  So yummy!

Day 2 has gone well.  I have a headache but that could be because I have been trying to cough up a lung.  It seems I have the latest cold going around so as soon as I feel better I hope to start working out.



No comments:

Post a Comment